Simmer Pot for Spring and Summer
Aunt Florence once told little Rose and Emma that the house would be ready for them to enjoy once they had done the fairy blessings together.
Whether you choose to keep your pot simmering on the back of your stove while doing other chores or to perform Aunt Florence's full ritual, your house will smell amazing.
Let's make a natural air freshener!
Ingredients used in Episode 2
1 lemon, sliced
2-3 sprigs of mint
1 tablespoon lavender buds
peel of 1 orange, strips
4 cups of water (+ additional water to add when it gets low)
dried rose buds and chamomile flowers
2-3 sprigs of lavender to garnish
There are so many possible combinations that you can just use the natural ingredients you have at home or available in your area. Be creative and try different mixes!
A pot* and the kitchen hob
A big bowl (hot water resistant) and a kettle
*You can use any pot (preferably stainless steel or cast iron pot to avoid chemicals) but if you are not careful with the water level, the pot might get damaged.
OPTION 1: USING THE POT
1. Add the water to the pot along with the rest of the ingredients.
2. Bring to a gentle boil and let it simmer, adding water occasionally as it gets down. It is important to always keep the ingredients floating.
3. Enjoy the aroma!
OPTION 2: USING THE BOWL
1. Add the water to a kettle and let it boil.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl.
3. Pour the boiling water over the ingredients.
4. Enjoy the aroma!
Watch the video here
This was such a beautiful simmer pot and it smelt really lovely, but, to be honest, I am looking forward to simmering an autumn potpourri!